Use Case - Freeway Digital Signage System
Customer Name: St. George's School for Girls
St George's School is an all-girls independent school situated in Ravelston, Edinburgh. It has approximately 800 students aged between 2 and 18 years old, with nursery, pre-school, primary and secondary departments spread across a campus comprising both modern and older buildings.
We were approached to provide a digital signage solution that would allow them to send information specific to each section of the school, all controlled from their media and communications manager from a central location.
Freeway Digital Signage
The Freeway software is in use in use within many schools and colleges throughout the United Kingdom. Our management software offers a simple to operate interface which appeal to such institutions as they can focus on creating quality content rather than learning an complicated piece of software.
Some of the features that are used extensively at St Georges are shown below:
- Our software offers the ability to change display templates offering each of the departments their own look and identity
- An easy to learn user interface, allowing staff to schedule events and content to the displays instantly or by a specific date and time
- The capability to have unique information on all the displays at every display point
- Display a wide range of media formats including PowerPoint, video, web pages and RSS news feeds
- The digital signage system had to be controlled across the existing school network infrastructure
- Onsite training was provided to ensure that members of staff have a suitable understanding of the software
- Depending on the channel PC location, a suitable means of distributing the information channel signals to each display had to be considered. For example, VGA-CAT5 extenders, direct VGA cabling etc